Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

Can I upgrade my own electrical panel?

Upgrading an electrical panel requires a permit in El Paso County. This can be dangerous work and should be left to a professional Colorado Springs electrician with experience, tools, licensing and training.

How do I know if I need to upgrade my electrical panel?

There are many variables used to determine if your electrical panel is capable of handling the additional breakers and power requirements for your new air conditioner, clothes dryer, electric vehicle charger, microwave, or electric water heater. Contact us and we can evaluate your usage and electrical panel and let you know if you need an electrical panel upgrade!

Can you install a charger for an electric vehicle (EV) or RV?

Yes, We can install just about any electric car or truck charger! Just give us a call and we’ll get you an estimate.

My older home has outlets that aren't grounded. Can you fix that?

Absolutely! There are several options available to properly ground outlets in your home or business. Contact us for an evaluation and quote.

Can you install canned lighting?

Yes we can! We can install new lighting or upgrade lighting just about anywhere in your home or business.

Can you install outlets for a wall-mounted TV?

No one wants to see cords dangling below your large-screen wall-mounted TV. We can install the proper electrical outlets for your TV.


Free Consultation!

Colorado Springs Electrician - SOCO Electric

How Can We Help?

Colorado Springs Electrical Services